Join the U.S. Department of Energy Bioenergy Technologies Office’s Algae Technology Educational Consortium (ATEC) for an informative webinar on May 20, 2021, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET.
Ira Levine, professor at the University of Southern Maine and president and board chair of the Algae Foundation, will provide a comprehensive overview of ATEC and its impact on developing novel educational programs to strengthen algal industry workforce capabilities.
Topics covered during this webinar will include:
- ATEC program overview
- Establishment of K–12 STEM educational opportunities
- Training platforms for future algae famers, biotechnicians, and entrepreneurs
- Educational collaborations with national organizations
- Partnerships with federal agencies
- Future gamification of algae curriculum.