The BPS welcomes and encourages commercial companies, public agencies and regulatory organisations that use or consider algae in their work to become BPS Corporate Members. The primary mission of the BPS is the training of the next generation of phycologists – potentially your future employees!
The basic annual Corporate Membership rate is £500. The membership year, and associated benefits, run from 1 January to 31 December. If you join between 1 October and 31 December, the membership for the current year will be waived and the membership will run from 1 January of the following year.
Click here for the Corporate Membership Form and send completed forms and your company logo to the Society’s Membership Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be invoiced for payment through the website, and can pay via PayPal or Direct Debit.
The application form is intended to help the BPS Council and its committees to better understand your work with a view to fostering good interactions with our Corporate Members.
Please note: Corporate Membership should not be used or taken to imply that the British Phycological Society concurs with the all the activities of that corporate member organisation.
What you can expect from Corporate Membership:
- 5 hard copies of the British Phycological Society twice yearly newsletter The Phycologist.
- The opportunity to submit an article about your work to The Phycologist.
- Where space allows we will provide your organisation with a display table at the BPS Annual Meeting free of charge.
- You will have the opportunity to sponsor an icebreaker, a tea/coffee/snack break, evening reception or satellite workshop at the BPS Annual Meeting.
- Up to 5 people from your organisation can register for the BPS Annual Meeting at the members rate.
- You can apply to the BPS Summer Undergraduate Internship scheme.
- From time-to-time the BPS organises focussed satellite meetings that you can be involved in.
- The chance to display your logo and a short paragraph (approx. 150 words) about your organisation on the BPS website.